This is all a work of fiction.

Life is a fiction.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Isn't it nice to know?


Cotton
Originally uploaded by Any Syler
Howdy. Today was a beautiful day. The temperature must have been 80. Not a cloud in the sky (unfortunately), but a slight breeze was wonderful on my walk to the Salvation Army. I needed a destination to walk somewhere, so I decided to go there. After all these years, I realized it really isn't that far. I left with $5.75 out of my pocket, and 5 books into my tote. I grabbed three Shakespeare plays that I'm sure I might read for an English course in the upcoming years- Twelfth Night, Macbeth, and A Midsummer Night's Dream. I also grabbed The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike (I hope this is good) and Sweethearts by Sara Zarr. The cover (inside descripton) was nice, it looks cute on a shelf, and is in really nice clean condition- very new. Thought I'd buy it. Plus, it's only about 200 pages, I'd be able to fly through it pretty quickly.

What is up when you turn your head to look over at a car, there is someone in that car looking straight at you? It's inevitable. This always happens to me, and today was no exception. Just cruising the sidewalk today, and this guy in a truck slows, and gives me a thumbs up. I quicken my pace... and just think, 'What in the world?'
Then on the way home, a man at a mechanic shop stops me as I pass by, greets me and asks if I'd like to buy a car. Erm-- I'm obviously fine walking... yes? CARS KILL THE O-ZONE.

Though I'd love a brand new Mini Cooper or two-door Yaris... but- public trans and legs, for the win.

Since I got a bundle of goodies today (not to mention the other day when I was ranting about my NAU problem, I resolved that over the phone today, and I don't recall mentioning I saw the Terracotta Warriors at the Bower's- if you live in So. Cal, you HAVE to go see it. So amazing, and to believe they haven't excavated all of the Emperor's tomb- not even his burial site!) I think I'm going to deliver a basket full of treasures. Mixtapes!

I'm going to start with this Overthrill mixtape that has over 200,000 downloads off their own zshare link (that I will provide to keep the click's a'growing), so that really should tell you something. It has loads of bitchin' tunes, including a lot of 'mainstream' songs, such as '4 Minutes' and 'Pass That Dutch'. It's a really handy mix to have when you're throwing a party and you need an hours worth of music at the end of the night. From Busy P to Pussycat Dolls, it's pretty rad. GET IT:

OVERTHRILL- Mixtape

Here is a mini Sebastian Tellier Mix, and I loveh im to bits, but I'll be honest and say that it's... alright. It was made for some American Apparel thing (after all, he DJed at the AA factory sale Sunday in LA!).



Then, I thought I'd spread the love some more and keep sharing my very own mixtape I made in the wee hours during Easter Vacation this year. It's actually my first effort, so please understand that there are a lot of generic tunes thrown into this.

Any Syler- "Atlantis Practice"

Tracklisting:

1. Drugs in My Body - Thieves Like Us
2. Trick or Treatz (Klaxons Remix) - Metronomy
3. Breathe (Ultra Tiger Remix) - Telepopmusik
4. Zdarlight - Digitalism
5. Untrust Us - Crystal Castles
6. Get Down (Radio Edit) - Groove Armada feat. Stush
7. Ready to Uff (TV Track) - Uffie
8. Haent - Slagsmalsklubben
9. Rich Girls - The Virgins
10. Space and the Woods (Neon Plastix Remix) - Late of the Pier
11. By The Time That They Reach You (The Bag Raiders Remix) - Kim
12. Black Gloves - Goose
12. Cubicle - Rinocerose
14. Elvis - These New Puritans
15. Wake Up - Lo-Fi-Fnk
16. Vanished - Crystal Castles

I know I sold out with putting Crystal Castles in there twice- but I consider "Untrust Us" a little bridge...

Enjoy le mixes! I actually made a second one, but I really don't think it was as good (not to say this was good in the first place!), therefore it's never been unleashed on the internet. Maybe one day...

Hej hej,
Any.

No comments:

Hey You!

Scroll back to the top!

Click!