This is all a work of fiction.

Life is a fiction.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Raise Your Hand if it's Humid

"KL White Mask 1" by  Joseph Story

I love this pickin' photo so much. Just that curve and the makeup mask. Oh, erm, sorta NSFW? Fuck that, it's art. Get over it.
Yes it's very basic and reminds me a bit of that Arena Homme issue with Cole Mohr and Luke Worrall (that was an epic editorial!), yet with a female. Of course.

Bleeding hot today. Well, no, it was more sticky and humid. I hate it, this weather. I'm counting the minutes until we leave for Seattle. I'm going to be so drained from that trip. And I've decided to leave my new notebook at home, even if there is WiFi in the hotel and the dorms- it'd just take away from the trip. I'm just scared my iPod is going to die... I guess I'll find something out- it didn't die in January when I went to Seattle. 

SO, even though I have complained about the heat, I'm going to be really cliche and say I've found some songs that will make you MELT. That's right, believe it. They're hot. *eye roll*

First here is another that is riding on the Amy Winehouse/ Adele Motown-esque wave, but from New York rather from jolly ol' England. Another difference is that it's a duo of a DJ and vox, and they're known as Little Jackie. She's got smoky pipes (haha) and very powerful in her own style. She actually reminds me of Natasha Beddingfield, but it may be the strings and vocal arrangements in their first single I heard from them on Absolute Zero (I love you, Billy Zero!): "The World Revolves Around Me"


"Katey Smokes B&W" by Joseph Story

Sexy Sushi are a whole other level of sexy. Like, seductive sexy, not confident sexy. You understand me? Not only do they have it down with the start of their name, but the vox are in French, pretty much one of the sultriest languages ever when sung. I, personally, don't find it very attractive when spoken (it's still a lovely language- I'm just more partial to another language)... but sung is a whole different level. Mylene Farmer, Keren Ann, and Camille are just a few female artists that sing in French- and I'll truncate my drivel about how fantastic songs are in French right here and just pass you on to Sexy Sushi's "Sex Appeal". 


Then the last song is a tune about love, also a remix, and from one of my favourite bands recently. Mystery Jets have been stirring up a lot of popularity the last few months, traveling loads. I'm still upset I wasn't able to make it to see Klaxons in September, they opened for them! Well, this is a brilliant remix from Pilooski- it's very bubbley, bouncy, and cute for you to bip around in your car to on a hot day. Yessir, yessir.


Have a fantastic day tomorrow! I pray it isn't humid, again.

Hej hej,
Any

No comments:

Hey You!

Scroll back to the top!

Click!