This is all a work of fiction.

Life is a fiction.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Why is packing difficult?


"question:" by Colie Parks (a.k.a. thank you very little)


There are so many questions. This was definitely one that has never crossed my mind. You hear it all of the time, "Oh, this hand bag is the best thing since sliced bread," and all that jazz, but who the heck made that up? Where did slice bread have the right to come in? I understand cutting bread on your own is a difficult task when you don't have a serrated bread knife, and even more so when it' a soft loaf. But how was sliced bread regarded so high?


Another few questions on quirky sayings that I've heard before and (sometimes) use. Starting with... "That just chaps my hide." I know, it sounds like something your great aunt would say (actually mine says "My aching fanny" but I avoid using that. Since Fanny has gained multiple meanings after Miss Price), but I have wondered why it is so amusing for me to say. I occasionally slip it into conversation... get a few stares, then laughs. It's just an amusing saying, and I have no idea why.


Wow. Went on a bit... Colie Parks is the Pola queen. She has hundreds archived on her flickrstream, and if you are in love with one of them enough, she might just have it available for purchase. Check her profile for pricings and such.


So, today's featured music artist is Ladyhawke. I wouldn't regard her as the best thing since sliced bread, but I have to say she is mighty good. Hailing form the (now affiliated with) land of Middle Earth, sheep, and Kiwi's, simply known as New Zealand, she's currently signed to Australian electro-label, Modular, and has been raising heat recently with her songs and labelmates, Van She and Cut Copy, who've produced excellent remixes of a couple of her songs. Give a listen to her latest single that came out at the very end of June (yes, June 30 to be precise), "Paris is Burning," along with that Cut Copy remix I mentioned, and an Alex Gopher remix..




And then give a listen to her collab with PNAU. I love the haunting vocals against the thick, juicy, electro beats. I read it back in January, and I'm going to agree that 2008 is going to be the Southern Hemi's year to shine in music. Aussie and Kiwi musicians are popping up left and right this year outside of their own land more and more each day, especially with the success of Cut Copy's latest album- oh, and the fact that Grandmaster Flash remixed a Midnight Juggernauts song. Holy crap. I'm sorry, I can't be arsed uploading it. Maybe later. Let your ears tingle to Ladyhawke.



Hej hej,

Any

1 comment:

TROUBLED BY INSECTS said...

hello hellogoodbritt, thanks for the comments! mercury took me a while to start liking, and i didn't fall for yr_mum's bug, you must have mis-read. i have wondered many times about what the best thing was before sliced bread.

Hey You!

Scroll back to the top!

Click!