This is all a work of fiction.

Life is a fiction.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Protect or Entertain?


self portrait
Originally uploaded by dragged to the future
How about both? This Crookers remix of "To Protect and Entertain" by Busy P has been out for some time, but I think it's about time that I posted it. Crookers have been striking hot lately with their remixes- this one happens to be my favourite.



They have glitched, sped, and pumped up this song as high as it can go. The original mix is pretty sick, featuring Murs. Maybe I like it so much because of all the LA shout outs...?
Here is the slow cousin to the Crooker remix, DJ Mehdi 's 99Rap Mix:



I actually just found this version today (curse me; I don't go on Fairtilizer for a week, and this is what I miss!) and I have to still say I prefer the Crookers' take on it, but it's probably because of the adrenaline that is surging in my veins when I hear it.

A few words about the artist in the feature piece today- she used rope lights to achieve this affect- she has loads more with it. If pen lights are on the rise ever since that Sprint PCS commercial, I predict rope lights are the subjects of the experimental photographic future. Click to check out the rest of her gallery, she has loads more that are just as interesting with more colors.

Hej hej,
ANY

No comments:

Hey You!

Scroll back to the top!

Click!