This is all a work of fiction.

Life is a fiction.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

20 June 2008: Warped Tour, Tre

As soon as Gym Class Heroes finished their set, I pushed past the people and made a b-line to the bar of the mainstage. I was determined to be at the very front for at least one performance. I had to wait for a grand 45 minutes before they came onto stage. The guy next to me was telling a story about how Stephen from Anberlin invited him to Denny's after a show once (he's in his early 20s F.Y.I.- not 15) and what a genuine set of guys these guys are. I was happy that I didn't die during the set like I thought I would for being in the front- the crowd was tame. This was my first live Anberlin experience, and they have great energy. No matter what tone the song is, you feel this blanket of comfort. I managed to get one good shot out of the whole performance of Deon...

They performed a new song for the crowd (I recorded the performance but I really can't be bothered with wrestling the YouTube servers at the moment) called "Bittersweet Memory" which will be on their upcoming album, "New Surrender," in September. I am really looking forward for this album (Jenn if you read this, do not murder me).

She's an Anberlin hog.


I had to rush out of the pit to get over to the OTHER main stage and see Every Time I Die's performance. It was insane. I thought I was going to be sucked into the mosh pit- so I was pretty concerned with my life at some moments than I was with the music. Unfortunate, really. I managed to get this:


The "Wall of Death"- not my cup of tea.
After this everything was pretty much a blur. I went to the Anberlin meet n' greet with the Anberlin Hog, then finally sat down for 10 minutes, the first time in hours, in shade. I had time to kill since The Maine had performed during the time I waited in line for Anberlin, but I eventually made my way to go catch Say Anything's performance. It was going great until the last 5 minutes or so of their set they were having a few technical difficulties and Bemis (I love that man; it's inconcievable) had to take it into his own hands by ending it with a stripped down, one-man-band version of his songs. Fantastic- his words still had that biting touch, not a soul left the crowd and were all in silence to hear his chalky acoustic guitar version of "Baby Girl, I'm a Blur." What a trouper.
Now, I would go into detail about my dehydrating experience out of the parking lot, but let's just say I made it home alive, as dry as a prune, and got enough rest to start the next day in Pasadena for the "Make Music Pasadena" free music event.
Van's Warped Tour was a thrilling day- it's very organized, I thought all the bands on the main stages would clash but it was just enough time to get from each side of campus. You get beyond your $30 + handling fees from Ticketmaster. If it's stopping in your town, GO!

No comments:

Hey You!

Scroll back to the top!

Click!