This is all a work of fiction.

Life is a fiction.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

20 June 2008: Warped Tour, Ett


And so I begin the stories of my adventures of loosing my Warped Tour virginity. All photos posted were taken by me, unless otherwise specified. This is a going to be a couple-parter (I think) so please hang in there! No .mp3s, but you can click their names for myspace pages to tittilate your eardrums.
I began my day by skipping 800 + people in line. For those going to a future Warped date- bring a can of food! They have a "Punk Junk" tent for the homeless where they collect donations. I also was generous and cleared out some of my books, a shirt I never wore, markers for the kiddies, and a(n un-used) journal. Please be generous and consider this- it's a win-win sitch. You skip lots of salivating 12 year olds and go straight to the bag check. This opportunity made me very happy for checking the Warped site- there are also coupon's for food, but eff that, I'll just say now I didn't eat all day. It was too hot for food.
When I first got 'on campus' (from this point forward, the Fairplex will be reffered to as the campus, because I want it that way) I made my way to get a feel for the place, where the stages were, and with high hopes to find the schedule. I stopped at the Ernie Ball stage to catch the last song and a half for Streets of Rage where they had their posse in red shirts bippin' around the front of the stage with signs and arms, grabbing a lot of attention for people passing to stop. They're a fun little powerpop band (their lead vox looks like Andrew McMahon circa SoCo days) and one of their fans was nice enough to pose for me during one of their songs.
I found the stages and schedule, and stopped at the Hurley.com stage to listen to Shwayze, a fresh rapper stright out of Malibu. Oh, believe it! We thought Jamie Kennedy was wack for being Malibu's Most Wanted, but Shwayze is the real deal. There was quite a crowd out at the stage- he's very smooth. If you happen to live in the LA Area and listen to KIIS FM (shame on me, but I was conversing and stopped switching stations) you may have heard his single, "Buzzin'." He's backed with DJ Skeet Skeet and Cisco Adler, it's pure summer drivin' music. My favorite had to be "Corona and Lime" with it's cheesy pickup line, "Baby will you be my Corona and lime? I will be your main squeeze." I had wide smiles and the start of a sunburn, but I made sure that before the set was over I grabbed one of his 2 song samplers from a promoter.
I waited in line for a half hour or so in the Monster line. From First to Last were on, with a large crowd, but I wasn't impressed...
I finally was admitted when their set was over and The Bronx were setting up. I was so happy to finally be saved in a nice area of shade, I found a table to put my bag on, and a perfect spot to see the stage. After 15 mintues or so of them setting up, they finally came on stage to perform to their (relatively small crowd for being a mainstage performance) fans. I was surprised to find out it was their first Warped Tour, and I felt warm and fuzzy on the inside knowing it was mine, too. They were fucking awesome (yes, on my top performances of my day). I loaded down two Monsters during their set, then hurried out, extremely energized, to go to the other main stage- on the OTHER side of campus- for Relient K's performance...

No comments:

Hey You!

Scroll back to the top!

Click!