This is all a work of fiction.

Life is a fiction.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

20 June 2008: Warped Tour, Tva

Relient K were on my list of bands to see before I die. I have been a huge fan of their since one of my friends gave me their CD "Two Lefts Don't Make a Right, But Three Do" on my thirteenth birthday. I still claim that is their best album, and I love everything that they have done (even though Thiessen's lyrics have become a lot more serious compared to the Self-Titled album days). I was bummed at their performance. Yeah, I had a great time, but they played a load of their 20 minute set with songs off of "Mmhmm," my least favorite RK album. Nevertheless, I was still in awe of seeing them- it only took me five years. (By the by, this photo was not taken by me but my lucky friend, Jessica, who happened to be on the bar during their performance). They have a new 'album' getting shelved next week- "The Bird and the Bee Sides" which will include an archive of, whaddaya know, B-sides! Go to their myspace to listen to a few tracks off of it (I really really really ultra love 'The Lining in Silver").

I had a few hours to kill until my next performance I wanted to see, so I dragged on by to the Hurley.com stage and decided to be adventurous and listen and watch another performance I had no idea about. I felt embarassed, but I went ahead and asked at the end of the set who it was. This energetic, six-piece, all girl Japanese ska band from Osaka, known as Oreskaband, had everyone dancing like a fiend. Here is proof:

They were simply adorable- in between songs they did their best english to encourage us to dance. "Shake your booty!" they egged on, and caused a giant stir. Their set was also on my top for the entire day.

Cobra Starship was playing over at one of the mainstages still, I still had no clue where to go to kill a few hours until my next performance I wanted to see. I really didn't want to see Cobra, but I headed over anyways to go rest under one of the refugee tents, in a bunch of hot shade. I found a couple friends that I chatted with, and honestly didn't pay attention to Gabe's performance. It was so damn hot, I went through both of my water bottles (people, bring a backpack, with loads of your own water- they allow it) and I was downing my first purchase of Powerade. $4 never tasted so good.

This photo was taken by my friend, Jenn. She was lucky enough to be front-center for the performance. Isn't that shot perfection for a concert photo?

I made my way to the OTHER mainstage, on the other side of campus, to get prepared for Anberlin. Gym Class Heroes were playing their set, with a massive crowd in front of the stage. I did the smart thing, arrive a set early, and got my sneak on. I would creep in every open space I saw, to get closer to the stage to make sure I'd have a better chance for the front for Anberlin. I enjoyed GCH's set, they decided to cover Every Time I Die. That was wicked awesome- because Every Time I Die are the sex (I really try not to use that term, I couldn't resist in this situation). They obvsiously have amazing sing-alongs, and the crowd wasn't as viscious as I'd imagine it would be. They played a song from their upcoming album- I like what I heard. They ended with "Clothes Off" which tempted a few girls to throw their shirts on the stage. I kid you not.

This ain't over!

No comments:

Hey You!

Scroll back to the top!

Click!