This is all a work of fiction.

Life is a fiction.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Who's on First?

"Welcome to the Apocalypse. It's nice here." by Wesley Kirk (a.k.a. The Vision Beautiful)

Today I present to you a two parter to make up for the lack of updateage. I really should spread it out to multiple days, but I can't... there's too much going on in the music world!

In this post, I present two songs from two artists. One that I stumbled across, the other I have known about for some time and just felt compelled to post them because they tickle my ears. They both are not something you'd hear on your typical day (unless if you're into this type of stuff). The Painted Word, who oddly enough have a song named after their band, which I found bizarre and presumed it was an error at first, have produced this Psychedelic pop dream that remind me of a drowning Joy Zipper song. If you aren't familiar with Joy Zipper... ignore that phrase and listen to the song anyways. As for Feral Children, I actually came across them a few months ago after being messaged by Sarathan Records' advertising manager, Chris (hiya!), about their newest addition to the Sarathan family, War Tapes. I looked at their other artists, and Feral Children instantly stuck out with that name. I had to check them out.

The Seattle-based band (I swear I'm not doing all this Seattle music on purpose!) is ultimately classified under the experimental rock genre. Then again, what isn't nowadays? Trust me, it's good and it's different. If you're a little sketch and would like a comparison, I'd call them an octave mellower Man Man.



"The Revolution will be Televised." by Wesley Kirk

As for the artist of the post... he's a filmmaker and photographer from the States, and he actually takes beautiful portraits. I'm sorry I didn't post any... I guess that means you're going to have to follow those links now, yes? Trust me- when you see "Wrapped Up In Books." you'll understand what I'm talking about. Also, click here to watch some of his videos.

Stay tuned for a second post today!

Hej hej,
Any.

1 comment:

csmooth24 said...

hey hey hey!

(this is chris from Sarathan)

:)

Hey You!

Scroll back to the top!

Click!