This is all a work of fiction.

Life is a fiction.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wanted: Chocolate Banana Chip Shampoo and Conditioner; my quest for an everlasting companionship.

I love getting new shampoo and conditioner. It smells so delightful, your hair begins to take on a new level of shine. When you take hold of a chunk, it's developed an entirely new, soft texture you would never imagine.

Of course, at least for me, this only lasts for about the first five times I use it. After that, my nostrils have become desensitized to the scent, my hair begins to feel less silky and more stripped. You're using twice as much conditioner as when you first started, all because, as you lather it in your hair, it doesn't feel like it's soaking in the ingredients. You end up using so much that it's become a thick mucus all over your head- and as it washes away, you hair feels refreshed from the washing, thankful it can breathe without all of the conditioner on it... but it retaliates and goes dry and frizzy.

Again, I see this pattern for about all of the shampoo's and conditioner's I buy. And, I feel like this effect happens to many other things for other people. Now, I am beginning to think about why this shampoo/conditioner thing happens.
-Does my hair really grow limp after long use of the new product?
or
-Is it all in my head?

After all, shampoo and conditioner are material things. They will not last forever. They're easy to replace-- so, is all of this mental? Let's say if I purchased a limited edition pumpkin pie scented shampoo and conditioner that tamed my frizz- something guaranteed to be out for only the month of November this year, and to never be released again- would I then begin to relish in each experience I used this product? Never be let down on it's scent? Always be impressed with it's results?
Would I also stock up for dear life on the bottles and continue to use it for as long as possible?
(The last question is a different scenario...)

The answer is yes. I have been sucked into the limited edition trick. And, when it is finally gone, I am slightly disappointed. Even though things must come and go, you just still get mad when things are discontinued.

As awful as it may sound, I kind of view people like my bottles of shampoo and conditioner. There as some (mostly family) that are the limited editions, ones you use sparingly and you never want to let them go. Some are itty bitty hotel bottles that you don't mind throwing out. Some are Sephora sample's you never want to leave you, but somehow, they are gone before you want them to. And, you go to see the full-size... and it just isn't the same. Ah, but there are a lot of shampoo's and conditioner's. You may be into a certain brand for a while, but after a few months... it'll bore you, and so you move onto something different.

But, I'll find my Chocolate Banana Chip Shampoo and Conditioner. I'll never let it run out- it'll be coming from an obscure source from five countries, maybe even five counties, or five blocks away. It'll be my Chocolate Banana Chip Shampoo and Conditioner. How awesome my life will be with it; I'll let you know when I finally find some.

Hej hej,

Any

No comments:

Hey You!

Scroll back to the top!

Click!